We are seeking an Associate Architect OAA to help build our team and our business at Bell+Associates Architecture. We have an impressive client base that trusts us to deliver creative architectural design solutions. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team to provide design services and work with Jim Bell to further build our client base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Become an integral part of the design team, helping to manage all aspects of the design process.
- Provide residential and commercial design services in partnership with our existing design team.
- Conduct phone and site consultations with potential clients to build the business.
- Work with our established processes, and programs. Be keen to learn new methods and experiences as a team member.
- Provide support with the production of technical drawings as they relate to ongoing projects.
- Use Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other software resources to create and prepare drawings for all phases of the design process.
- Review design requirements and offer recommendations to support construction projects.
- Provide Contract Administration reviews, reports and client/trade liaison.
- Manage projects and provide information to the team.
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques and developments to sustain and improve design and technical skills.
- Based in Ottawa, but willingness to work in the Pembroke office occasionally depending on changing client workloads.
- Communicate with clients throughout the design process to share updates and answer questions.
- Provide code reviews and manage projects involving wood-frame construction, high-performance homes, and LEED building.
- Professional Masters of Architecture degree or equivalent
- Registered OAA Architect or qualified to be registered within 6 months.(This qualification is required.)
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, MS Office, and Sketchup (proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Ontario Building Code, Zoning bylaws
- Residential and small commercial experience
- Experience with Contract Administration and Site Review
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability to collaborate and work well with other team members
Full-time salaried position with probationary period. Incentives based on our firm’s success.
Qualified candidates should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Careers – Job Application”. Submit a current resume complete with contact information and examples of your work. We will contact qualified individuals requesting further information and a possible interview.
Please do not call or drop into the office.
- Job Type: Probationary period leading to permanent full-time employee
- Required experience: 10+ years
- Required education: Masters of Architecture degree or equivalent
- Job Location: Ottawa
- Required license or certification: Registered OAA Architect