We are seeking an Associate Architect OAA to help build our team and our business. We have an impressive client base that trusts us to deliver creative architectural design solutions. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team to provide design services and work with Jim Bell to further build our client base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Become an integral part of the design team, helping to manage all aspects of the design process
- Provide residential and commercial design services in partnership with our existing design team
- Conduct phone and site consultations with potential clients to build the business
- Work with our established processes, and programs. Be keen to learn new methods and experiences as a team member
- Provide support with the production of technical drawings as they relate to ongoing projects
- Use Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other software resources to create and prepare drawings for all phases of the design process
- Review design requirements and offer recommendations to support construction projects
- Provide Contract Administration reviews, reports and client/trade liaison
- Manage projects and provide information to the team
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques and developments to sustain and improve design and technical skills
- Based in west Ottawa, but willingness to work in the Pembroke office occasionally depending on changing client workloads
- Communicate with clients throughout the design process to share updates and answer questions
- Provide code reviews and manage projects involving wood-frame construction, high-performance homes, and LEED building
- Professional Masters of Architecture degree or equivalent
- Registered OAA Architect
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, MS Office, and Sketchup (proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Ontario Building Code, Zoning bylaws
- Residential and small commercial experience
- Experience with Contract Administration and Site Review
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability to collaborate and work well with other team members
The successful candidate will work in the Ottawa-area office but may be asked to work in the Pembroke office occasionally.
Full-time salaried position with probationary period. Incentives based on our firm’s success.
Qualified candidates should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Careers – Job Application”. Submit a current resume complete with contact information and examples of your work. We will contact relevant, qualified individuals requesting further information and a possible interview.
Please do not call or drop into the office.
- Probationary period leading to permanent full-time employee
- Residential – 10+ years
- Masters of Architecture degree or equivalent
- Ottawa and/or Pembroke, ON
Required license or certification:
- Registered OAA Architect